TechCentury Student Writing Contest
2018 TechCentury Student Writing Contest
Entries due November 16, 2018
In an effort to promote and engage student voices and ideas about the profession of engineering, the TechCentury magazine Engineering Student Writing Contest was created.
The contest is open to all engineering students attending Michigan universities and studying within any of the engineering disciplines. The top three entries will be published in a future issue of TechCentury. The top award-winning essay author will receive a $1000 scholarship and recognition at the 2019 Gold Award Reception.
- The student will write a 750-word essay on one of three topics listed below.
- The student must be studying an engineering discipline at an accredited Michigan university.
- Entries must be received by close of business, (5:00 p.m.) Friday, November 16, 2018 via email to email@example.com.
- The TechCentury Editorial Board will review entries and choose the top three. The top three essays (along with a student profile) will be published in a future issue of TechCentury magazine, both print and online. All applicants will be notified by the end of January 2019.
- The top essayist will receive a $1,000 scholarship, sponsored by Fishman Stewart PLLC.
- The top essayist will also be recognized at the 2019 ESD Gold Award Reception.
Essayists should choose to write on one of the following topics:
- What inspired you to become an engineer?
- How do you think the practice of being an engineer will change over the course of your professional career, and why?
- Who has been your favorite engineering role model and why?
Friday, November 16, 2018
The entry form can be downloaded here. Please send writing contest entries via email to Susan Thwing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by close of business, (5:00 p.m.) Friday, November 16, 2018.
If you have any questions contact Elana Shelef at email@example.com or 248-353-0735, ext. 119.
Consider joining ESD as a Student Member
The Engineering Society of Detroit currently has student chapters at 13 of the top 15 accredited engineering schools in Michigan. ESD Student Chapters provide students with the support they need to succeed in engineering school and make a smooth transition to a meaningful STEM career in Michigan. We offer you great opportunities to meet and network with industry leaders of the world’s No. 1 engineering hub. Not only in the auto industry – but also in architecture, energy, environment, green technologies, the building trades, and so much more.
For more information on student chapters, please contact Heather Lilley at 248-353-0735, ext. 120, or firstname.lastname@example.org.