Young Engineers Council
ESD Young Engineers Council
To serve engineers under age 35 during the early stages of personal and professional development.
- Instill in the young professional a sense of pride in themselves, their profession, ESD and the community.
- Provide each young member an opportunity to participate in ESD.
- Provide awareness of the available services and sponsored programs.
- Provide opportunities for networking with members to promote personal and professional development.
- Make the YEC more visible, increasing its presence in ESD and awareness among young engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promote YEC and ESD activities and sponsored programs.
- Give input into the development of services and programs to support young members’ needs.
- Provide feedback to the program committee chair(s).
- Give input to the Board and Staff to assist in the preparation of future strategic direction.
- Support young member recruitment.
- ESD Engineering and Technology Job Fairs
- Technical tours
- Seminars/Guest Speakers
- Community Involvement
- Special Events
For information on becoming involved with the YEC, please contact Heather Lilley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-353-0735, ext. 120.