2019 ESD Annual Dinner
Featuring the ESD Construction & Design Awards and the ESD Annual Awards
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
The Inn at St. John’s, Plymouth, MI
Plan to join us as we honor Michigan’s best engineers and technical professionals. Our most anticipated event of the year, ESD’s Annual Dinner will be held at The Inn at St. John’s. This one-of-a-kind event brings out the best, brightest, and most diverse group of engineering, design, and construction professionals in Southeast Michigan.
Discover great accomplishments and applaud great achievements during an evening that will feature the ESD Construction and Design Awards and the ESD Leadership Awards, including ESD’s most prestigious award – the Horace H. Rackham Humanitarian Award.
5:30 p.m. Networking Reception
6:45 p.m. Dinner followed by the Presentation of Awards
Individual: $150 Member/$175 Non-Member
Table of 10: $1,350
Cost includes hors d’oeuvres, one drink ticket, dinner and dessert. Business attire is appropriate.
Register online by using the link to the right, or call 248-353-0735 to register by phone.
For more information, contact Elana Shelef at 248-353-0735, ext. 119, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 ESD Annual Dinner Honorees
Horace H. Rackham Humanitarian Award
- Ben C. Maibach III, Vice Chairman and Chief Community Officer, Barton Malow Company
- Mark Reuss, President, General Motors Company
Lifetime Achievement Award
- William A. Moylan, Jr., PhD, PMP, DTM, FESD, Associate Professor, Construction Management, Eastern Michigan University
College of Fellows Inductees
- Kouhaila Hammer, CPA, President & CEO, Ghafari Associates, LLC
- Leo Kempel, PhD, Dean of Engineering, Michigan State University
- Dinesh C. Seksaria, PE, Principal Consultant, Dinesh C. Seksaria PE PLLC
Outreach Partners of the Year Award
- Eastern Michigan University
- Wayne State University
Corporate Partner of the Year Award
Distinguished Service Awards
- Denise Carlson, Vice President North American Production, Innovation Center, DENSO International America, Inc.
- Louay M. Chamra, PhD, Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science, Oakland University
- Matthew J. Chynoweth, PE, Director, Bureau of Bridges and Structures, State of Michigan
- Keith Lemley, Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, American Axle and Manufacturing
- Ronald Young, Structural Engineer, Ruby + Associates, Inc.
STEM Educator of the Year Award
- Kathryn Poirier, FET, STEM Instructor, Thurston High School, South Redford School District
Emerging Young Professional Award
- Trevor Sherts, User Experience Project Lead, Autonomous Vehicles and Icons, Ford Motor Company
TechCentury Image Award
- Matthew N. Roush, Director, University News Bureau, Lawrence Technological University
2019 ESD Construction & Design Award Winners
- Shinola Hotel
Designer: Kraemer Design Group
Contractor: Barton Malow Company
- Oakland University Hillcrest Hall
Owner: Oakland University
Designer: Neumann/Smith Architecture
Contractor: Frank Rewold & Son, Inc.
- Michigan State University Grand Rapids Research Center
Owner: Michigan State University
Designer: Ellenzweig & SmithGroup
Contractor: Clark Rockford Joint Venture
- Wayne State University Mike Ilitch School of Business
Owner: Wayne State University
Contractor: The Christman Company/LS Brinker Joint Venture
- Western Michigan University, Valley Dining Center
Owner: Western Michigan University
Contractor: The Christman Company